Monday 4 May 2015

Expensive is overrated

Now before you start emptying out pockets and maxing out credit cards and start counting down the days left until Pay day, Let's think strategically. 
Graph for money spent on makeup
| Photo sourced from http://graphs.net

Although it's nice to have some Mac products and a Chanel box full of lipsticks; lets do some research. Over countless thoughts (and money being spent on extremely pricey products) I thought hey, let's experiment and try to find alternative products, because don't get me wrong I do love products on the high end of the market, but using them everyday; expensive became overrated. 

What I recommend is that if you try to experiment, throw in a little bit of research, you'd be surprised with the amount of good quality products (sometimes even better) in your local chemist or "drug store"! For example recently I have fallen absolutely in love with Australis brand, their translucent powder not only provides full face light coverage and protection from shiny skin, but it saves me a hefty amount of cash! You would've thought? 

Ladies we all love our matte finish lipsticks, so imagine my joy when I found out the new "Veloure" cream based lip gloss from the same brand, that provided matte finished just under $10. Testers play a huge role when I finally decide to take the product up to the cashier, try a little on the back of your hand, feel the texture and know what suits you best, after all nobody knows you better than yourself. 

I'll admit it is tempting to buy products from Mac, Sephora and Bobby brown, I'm not going to lie, its a vacuum you can easily get sucked into and your wallet can really feel the full effect of it when it's too late. It's expensive being a female, we need mascara, eyeliner, foundation, you name it. 

Now the second part of the experiment left me feeling excited  and ecstatic, because at the end of the day I had saved more money than I though WHILST enjoying good products. So what would you do when you have extra bit of cash? Save it? Perhaps buy something other than makeup and call it a wonderful investment. 
Australis Velour lips colour range | Photo sourced from https://ecs3.tokopedia.net/newimg

With that being said; ladies, you can get a great deal on a range of products without sacrificing or giving up on quality, it's just a matter of experimenting. 


Keep experimenting butterflies and until next time

-Mahak 

No comments:

Post a Comment